Cut to the News
Cut through the clutter to today's top news
February 24, 2021
Good morning
Welcome to today's top news.
Leading the News . . .
Security officials in charge of response to Jan. 6 riot say attack was premeditated . . . All four security officials responsible for the response to the U.S. Capitol riot on Jan. 6 testified that they believed the attack was premeditated, but two blamed not receiving intelligence for delayed and unorganized responses. White House Dossier
Can a premeditated attack still have been incited by President Trump’s speech?
FBI warning of ‘war’ never reached police chiefs . . . Former Capitol security officials clashed publicly on Tuesday over the events surrounding last month’s deadly assault on the Capitol complex, casting blame at the intelligence community and the Pentagon while delivering conflicting accounts of how the tragedy unfolded. There were numerous intelligence failures on Jan. 6, but one of the most glaring is the fact that the U.S. Capitol
Police and D.C. Metro police chiefs had not seen an FBI report sent Jan. 5 warning that pro-Trump protesters were preparing for “war” at the Capitol. The FBI’s field office in Norfolk, Va., had issued a Jan. 5 bulletin detailing specific calls for violence at the Capitol, including urging protesters go to the Capitol “ready for war.” The Hill
Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick’s Mother: ‘He Wasn’t Hit on the Head’ on Jan. 6 . . . The mother of Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick said her son was not beaten with a fire extinguisher by a mob on Jan. 6, saying he likely suffered a stroke instead—refuting reports from the New York Times and other outlets claiming otherwise. “He wasn’t hit on the head, no. We think he had a stroke, but we don’t know anything for sure,” Gladys
Sicknick told the Daily Mail in an exclusive interview on Feb. 22. “We’d love to know what happened.” Epoch Times
Children's hospitals, pediatricians urge Biden to prioritize youth mental health . . . Children’s hospitals and pediatricians are calling on the Biden administration to prioritize children’s mental, emotional and behavioral health in addressing the COVID-19 pandemic. The Children’s Hospital Association (CHA) and the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) launched an awareness campaign on Wednesday to ask the administration and lawmakers to
provide more funds to programs to address the escalating crisis among children and youth. The group is seeking increased funding for existing mental and behavioral health programs. The Hill
Biden admin increases weekly vaccine shipment to states to 14.5M doses . . . The Biden administration announced Tuesday that it is further increasing the weekly vaccine shipments the federal government sends to states. The White House’s COVID-19 response team announced that states will now receive 14.5 million doses starting next week, a jump from 13.5 million. The Hill
Finally, Sleepy Joe has figured out how to speed up the distribution of Trump Vaccine. ;-)
Pompeo: Reckless Chinese virus labs threaten the world . . . Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Chinese laboratories conducting virus research pose a threat to the world and China‘s government should be held to account for the global coronavirus pandemic. “The evidence that the virus came from Wuhan is enormous, though largely circumstantial, and most signs point to the Wuhan Institute of Virology, or WIV, as the source of
COVID-19,” Mr. Pompeo stated in an op-ed with Miles Yu, former senior Asia policymaker at the State Department who worked with him. Washington Times
Other US adversaries with biological weapons programs, no doubt, have taken note of how unprepared we are to handle a pandemic and how easily a deadly virus 'leak' can be used to paralyze Western democratic societies.
|
|
GOP Outraises Dems Across the Board in January . . . GOP won a clean sweep of national fundraising battles in January, outpacing their Democratic counterparts across the board in their first month as the minority in Washington, DC. New financial disclosures show that the Republican National Committee, as well as the Republican campaign arms for the House and Senate, built a financial advantage over their Democratic rivals last month. The
RNC led the way with a $16.3 million haul in January, roughly $3 million more than the $13.5 million raised by the DNC. The fundraising victories grow the already existing cash-in-hand advantage Republicans held entering the 2022 campaign cycle. Washington Free Beacon
Senate GOP campaign chief talks strategy with Trump . . . Sen. Rick Scott (Fla.), the chairman of the Senate GOP campaign arm, said Tuesday that he has talked with former President Trump about the 2022 election. “I just talked to him about elections. ... I told him I want to win in '22,” said Scott, who chairs the National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC). Scott is the second GOP senator who has talked to Trump in recent days about
the 2022 election. Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.), who was recently reelected, met with Trump in Florida over the weekend to talk about the future of the party. The Hill
Mitt Romney says President Trump would win 2024 GOP nomination . . . Senator Mitt Romney said that President Donald Trump would win the GOP nomination “in a landslide” if he decided to make a run for The White House again in 2024. Romney was speaking to the New York Times’ DealBook when he addressed Trump’s position in the future of the Republican Party. “He has by far the largest voice and a big impact in my party,” Romney
said. “I don’t know if he’s planning to run in 2024 or not, but if he does, I’m pretty sure he would win the nomination.” New York Post
President Trump Appeals Suspension to Rejoin Facebook, Instagram . . . Former President Donald Trump has submitted a statement of appeal to an oversight board funded by Facebook in a bid to rejoin the platform. The decision is expected to take around two and a half months. Former Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt, who is a co-chair of the oversight board, told UK’s Channel 4 News that they are currently looking into the appeal
concerning Trump’s Facebook and Instagram accounts. The board was set up to be an independent group to hear users’ appeals and is comprised of 19 former politicians, journalists, and academics. Epoch Times
Trump consoles Tiger Woods: “He will be back” . . . Former President Donald Trump told Fox News Tuesday that he has “no doubt” Tiger Woods will make a strong comeback after suffering serious injuries in a car accident in Southern California. “He has overcome a lot, but he has had an incredible life and he is going to continue to have an incredible life,” Trump told “Fox News Primetime” host Katie Pavlich. “He will recover from this … he
will figure out a way.” White House Dossier
Tiger Woods is one of the few among the sports and entertainment elite to be willing to defend Donald Trump.
Governor Kristi Noem gets a Trump-hosted fundraiser at Mar-a-Lago . . . The South Dakota governor, often mentioned as a 2024 contender, won't be up for reelection for a few years. Noem has some shared history with the couple: She spoke at Trump’s July 4 event last year at South Dakota’s Mount Rushmore, which Guilfoyle had to skip because she tested positive for Covid-19 right beforehand. Noem is up for reelection in 2022 and has been
mentioned as a future presidential candidate, although she only polled at 1 percent in a recent POLITICO/Morning Consult survey. Noem is also speaking this weekend at the Conservative Policy Action Conference in Orlando and will speak at a Republican National Committee donor summit in April, also in Palm Beach. Politico
DC honeymoon period for Biden comes to a quick end . . . It’s been a very short honeymoon period for President Biden. Three of Biden’s nominees are facing stiff resistance. Legislative efforts to address immigration and climate change face an uphill climb. And even the chances of getting Republican support in the Senate for a popular COVID-19 relief bill look to be ebbing away, with Sen. Susan Collins (Maine) saying on Tuesday she did not
believe any of her fellow Republican senators would back it. It’s a stiff slap of reality for Biden but it’s not so much of a surprise. Biden’s pledge to build bipartisan support has always been optimistic given the nation’s polarization. The Hill
How dark money has infiltrated Biden Admin . . . Liberal dark money groups spent a record-breaking $145 million to get Joe Biden elected, and now they are cashing in. These groups are pushing President Biden to nominate dark money appointees and pass their extreme left-wing policies. From top to bottom, Mr. Biden’s staff is filled with people affiliated with dark money. His chief of staff, Ron Klain, was a board member of the dark
money group CAP Action Fund before joining the Biden administration.
Similarly, Gina McCarthy, the White House National Climate Adviser, led the Natural Resources Defense Council, a climate action dark money group that has received millions from the Sixteen Thirty Fund and the New Venture Fund. (Analysis/Opinion) Washington Times
Biden has yet to declare Uighur abuses genocide . . . President Biden has yet to declare reported atrocities by China against Uighurs in the country's western Xinjiang province to be genocide even after Canada’s parliament voted Monday to pass a nonbinding motion applying the classification. According to reports last year, up to 3 million Uighur Muslims in China's western Xinjiang province have been taken from their homes since 2017 by
authorities and disappeared into a prison camp, which the Chinese government glosses over as a re-education facility. Fox news
Biden Health Nom Mum On Taxpayer Funded Abortion . . . Joe Biden's top health care nominee dodged questions about taxpayer funding for abortion during his Tuesday Senate confirmation hearing. Senate Republicans centered much of Department of Health and Human Services nominee Xavier Becerra's hearing on his past support for abortion. The California attorney general declined to answer Sen. Mike Braun (R., Ind.) when he asked if HHS
would commit to not using taxpayer money to fund abortion providers. "While we probably will not agree on all the issues, I can say to you that we will definitely follow the law when it comes to the use of federal resources," Becerra said. "There I can make that commitment, that we will follow the law."
Washington Free Beacon
New Cases in Election Fraud Database Show Vulnerabilities in System . . . State legislatures, take note: Americans have legitimate concerns over election integrity, as amply demonstrated by the many proven instances of voter fraud that we continue to add to The Heritage Foundation’s Election Fraud Database.
These vulnerabilities within the electoral process need to be addressed as soon as possible. The right to self-government depends on free and fair elections. We should have zero toleration for actions that interfere with the choices of voters at the ballot box.
Heritage’s database catalogs 1,311 cases of voter fraud, one of the most recent occurring during the 2020 election. Daily Signal
Conservative Groups to Start New Election Transparency Initiative . . . Two conservative groups, Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List) and American Principles Project (APP), announced on Tuesday in a joint statement that they will start a new election transparency initiative to be led by Ken Cuccinelli, former deputy secretary of the Department of Homeland Security under the Trump administration. “I’m proud to join SBA List and APP to act
quickly to defeat the efforts of Democrats in Washington to federalize election laws through H.R.1 while simultaneously going on offense at the state level to rally the grassroots around meaningful reforms,” Cuccinelli said in the statement. Cuccinelli was Virginia’s Attorney General from 2010 to 2014. Epoch Times
|
|
DHS warns ICE to 'Prepare for border surges now' . . . The Biden team is talking a tough game on new illegal immigration, but behind the scenes it’s making frantic efforts to get ready for what it expects to be massive “border surges” of migrants streaming north over the next months, according to an internal Homeland Security Department email. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement is scrambling to find bigger
airplanes and figure out more ground transport capacity for soaring numbers of illegal immigrants. Agency told cost isn't issue in search for bigger planes, more bed space to process migrants. Washington Times
|
|
Europe to Tip Toward US’s Tougher Stance on Russia, China . . . The European Union will impose fresh sanctions on Russian officials over the jailing of opposition leader Alexei Navalny and will move ahead with measures to challenge Beijing over its crackdown in Hong Kong, signaling a shift in the bloc’s position on the two countries toward the U.S.’s. EU foreign policy chief Josep Borrell said Monday evening he will
propose a list of Russian officials to be hit with asset freezes and travel bans over the Navalny case. He indicated that the list will be approved within a week. Wall Street Journal
|
|
Here’s What The Swamp Stuck In The COVID Stimulus . . . In the latest version of the $1.9 trillion coronavirus stimulus bill, less than half of those allotted taxpayer dollars seem intended to actually go towards COVID-19 related provisions, which prompts the question: What else has the swamp stuck in the stimulus? Daily Caller
|
|
'Society is changing': A record 5.6% of US adults identify as LGBTQ: poll . . . A record number of U.S. adults – 5.6% – identify as LGBTQ, an increase propelled by a younger generation staking out its presence in the world, a poll released Wednesday shows. The survey by Gallup marks more than a 1 percentage point jump from the last poll in 2017 in which 4.5% of adults identified as LGBTQ.
The estimated 18 million adults who identify as LGBTQ represent a continued upward trajectory since Gallup started tracking identification in 2012. One of the biggest headlines in the 2020 poll is the emergence of Generation Z adults, those 18 to 23: 1 in 6, or 15.9%, identify as LGBTQ. In each older generation, LGBTQ identification is lower, including 2% or less of respondents born before 1965. USA Today
Coca-Cola faces backlash for workplace inclusion materials encouraging employees to 'be less white' . . . The company said the leaked training material is part of an online learning series but "not a focus of our company's curriculum." Coca-Cola is facing backlash after leaked online training material by a whistleblower shows employees were told that being "less white" means being "less arrogant, less certain, less defensive, less
ignorant and more humble." A company insider shared slideshow images of the material, which quickly spread over the internet Friday and throughout the weekend. The training slides explain that white people feel inherently superior and learn that being white is better at a very young age. Just the News
Public School Requires Kindergarteners To Watch Video Of Dead Black Children To Warn Against ‘State-Sanctioned Violence’ . . . Buffalo Public Schools required its kindergarten students to participate in a lesson on “racist police and state-sanctioned violence” which involved showing images of black children who have died, Discovery Institute scholar Christopher Rufo reported. Whistleblower documents Rufo obtained reportedly show “anti
racist” lesson plans spearheaded by Dr. Fatima Morrell, the school district’s associate superintendent for culturally and linguistically responsive initiatives. As part of the program, teachers ask students to compare their skin color by using crayons. Daily Caller
The socialist indoctrination and moral destruction of our children by the government schools have reached the level of a national catastrophe.
Biden Gun Control Plan Would ‘Criminalize’ up to 105 Million People: Gun-rights Group . . . A gun-rights organization said that President Biden’s gun control proposal would potentially make about 105 million law-abiding gun owners into criminals. “While we can agree that there are several ‘common sense’ . . . changes needed to our nation’s gun laws . . . the path forward should be focused on supporting and
protecting responsible, law-abiding Americans—not criminalizing and punishing them,” the U.S. Concealed Carry Association said in a letter to Biden this week. The 556,000 member group noted that in 2020, a significant number of Americans purchased firearms in the midst of historic riots and the COVID-19 pandemic. Epoch Times
Gun-Control Groups Lash Out at Biden, demand Gun Czar . . .
Two leading gun-control groups delivered a list of demands to the Biden administration on Monday. March For Our Lives and the Community Justice Action Fund said Biden must appoint a "cabinet-adjacent" gun czar and declare an emergency to generate $1 billion in funding for gun-control initiatives. The groups said the Biden administration's inaction has threatened minority communities. Biden pledged to institute a historically aggressive gun-control agenda, which included banning popular guns
such as the AR-15 and creating a registration requirement for them. Washington Free Beacon
A disarmed population is much more easily controlled by the State.This is why totalitarian states ban individual ownership of firearms.
New Bill Aims to Protect Veterans from Gun Confiscation . . . A bill introduced on Wednesday would make it more difficult to take gun rights from veterans. The Veterans 2nd Amendment Protection Act, introduced by Rep. Liz Cheney and Rep. Mike Bost, would restrict when the Veterans Administration can take away veterans' right to buy or own a gun. It would require a legal determination that a veteran was a threat to himself or others
before stripping him of his Second Amendment rights. The bill could impact the hundreds of thousands of veterans who have had their gun rights taken despite never committing a crime or being legally declared a threat to themselves or others. Washington Free Beacon
|
|
Mike Lindell Announces New MyPillow Voting Machines . . . After credible sources provided evidence that Dominion voting machines were hacked by the forces of darkness to steal the election away from the One True President Donald Trump, MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell is taking matters into his own hands to protect the sanctity of American democracy with the new MyPillow Voting Machine. "This is, by far, is the most secure, technologically
advanced, and comfortable voting machine you will ever use," said Lindell in a televised promotion of the new machine. "It's completely unhackable, as well as machine washable! I guarantee you will be completely satisfied with your voting experience, as well as the election results, or your money back! Sources say there is only one downside to the machine since it will only allow the user to vote for Trump. Lindell has assured he will soon be adding functionality that will allow people to vote
for other Republican candidates as well. Babylon Bee
This is satire.
|
|
Do you love Cut to the News? Let your family and friends know about it! They'll thank you for it. Spread the word . . .
By Email - use the message that pops up or write your own.
On Facebook - On FB, write your own message
Thank you for doing it.
Have a great day.
Rebekah
Rebekah Koffler
Got this from a friend? Subscribe here and get Cut to the News sent to your Inbox every morning.
|
|
|